Current Position Openings: Deputy Director of Government Relations
This position supports the ArMA Director of Government Relations. The Deputy is directly involved in ArMA efforts involving local, state, and federal government affairs. This includes accurate and timely research and monitoring of all state legislative and regulatory activities that may be of interest to ArMA, as well as legislative drafting and strategic planning in advancing ArMA’s advocacy priorities. In coordination and consultation with the Director of Government Relations, the Deputy will be responsible for maintaining and nurturing relationships with government, associated authorities, and relevant committees. The Deputy will also represent ArMA before legislators, legislative committees, state government agencies, and other organizations as needed. This position provides staff support for selected ArMA standing committees, which include communicating with committee members, convening committee meetings, and setting committee agendas. The Deputy will also work directly with ArMA Communications to assist in ensuring that advocacy messaging is timely and effective. This position reports to the Director of Government Relations and is exempt.
- Work collaboratively with and support the ArMA Director of Government Relations.
- Support the execution of a comprehensive public policy / government relations program.
- Provide thorough and excellent research and writing for legislation of interest to ArMA.
- Policy development in conjunction with ArMA staff, committees, and physician members.
- Coordination of efforts with contract lobbyist.
- Appear and testify before legislative committees and other public forums as needed.
- In coordination with GR Director, establish relationships with health care partners (county medical associations, specialty societies, hospitals, AMA, community stakeholders, among others).
- Staff ArMA’s Legislative Committee, Public Health Committee, and others as needed.
- Provide direction to ArMA Advocacy Coordinator
- Assist in maintaining communications with Arizona Congressional Delegation in Arizona and DC as needed.
- Coordination and preparation of annual legislative report.
- Responsible for overseeing preparation and submission of all required reports and filings – lobbying and PAC.
- Assist in develop annual advocacy budget and policy / procedures to support the advocacy infrastructure.
- Coordinate with the Director of Communications to support ArMA communications and grassroots efforts regarding policy and advocacy objectives.
- Support ArMA and CEO in other duties as needed.
- Requires minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- At least 3 years’ direct experience, preferably in the Arizona healthcare environment.
- Familiarity with the Arizona legislative and regulatory process. Prior lobbying experience a plus.
- Experience in bill tracking, legislative research, and policymaking.
- Solid communications skills including public speaking and writing.
To Apply for Position
Send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to Jon Amores: jamores@AZmed.org