ArMA 2019 Awards
A highlight of every Arizona Medical Association (ArMA) Annual Meeting is the President's Dinner. Each year, ArMA recognizes excellence and achievement by Arizona physicians, organizations, and other exemplary individuals at our Annual President’s Dinner. The deadline for the 2019 Awards Nomination has passed. Please think about your outstanding colleague or organization whose work fits in one of the following categories for the 2020 meeting. (Nominations will open in early 2020)
- ArMA Distinguished Service Award – presented to an individual or organization providing outstanding service to the community.
- ArMA Sportsman Award – presented to an ArMA member who has distinguished him/herself in athletics by organizing, participating in, or improving the safety of athletic activities. For example, we are aware that many physicians volunteer to do physicals and/or to serve as high school team physicians. Should you know of someone who has given of their time in this fashion for several years, please let us know.
- David O. Landrith Humanitarian Award – presented to an individual who unselfishly acts to improve the community. Named in honor of ArMA’s long-time lobbyist and VP of Policy & Political Affairs, who passed away in 2015.
- ArMA Public Health Service Award – presented, jointly, with the Arizona Department of Health Services, to an individual, organization, or educational program that has performed extensive efforts regarding public health issues, i.e., tobacco, immunizations, etc.
- National Service Award – presented to a physician or other individual who has served as the president of a national organization.
- Award in Memory of Edward Sattenspiel, MD– this award is intended to recognize ArMA member physicians who have demonstrated a long-term commitment to organized medicine.
- ArMA Walk the Talk Award – this award recognizes individuals or organizations that go above the usual in their support of medicine, often in health policy-related matters.
- Wallace A. Reed, MD Award – recognizes innovation in health care of an individual or organization.