Who should attend: Physicians, medical students, residents and fellows who want to integrate clinical nutrition into their practice.
This special course at the Mayo Clinic is held the day prior to the ASPEN 2019 Nutrition Science & Practice Conference, making it easy for conference attendees* and local residents, fellows and practicing physicians to attend.
It’s an intense one-day, three-session course held at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Session 1 focuses on nutrition for the critically ill.
- Session 2 focuses on nutrition in obesity and wellness promotion.
- Session 3 focuses on gastrointestinal and surgical nutrition.
Each session starts with a patient case presentation and expert panel discussion. It’s followed by four state-of-the-art medical scientific presentations on key topics in nutrition and patient care. And each session is taught by leading experts who are going to be in Arizona for the ASPEN19 conference.
*For those attending ASPEN19, transportation will be provided from the ASPEN19 hotels in Phoenix to the Mayo Clinic and back.
Lunch is included.
Upon conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss how nutrition in the ICU patient may impact outcomes.
- Discuss the role of nutrition and lifestyle in the management of obesity across all treatment options.
- Identify key challenges in the management of long-term enteral and parenteral nutrition patients, and the physician’s role and responsibility
ASPEN designates this live activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
For details and to register, please visit www.nutritioncare.org/physician4