- Controlled Substances Prescription Monitoring Program (CSPMP): NEW GUIDELINES EFFECTIVE OCTOBER 1, 2017 - All prescribers are required to obtain a patient utilization report from the CSPMP prior to prescribing an opioid analgesic or benzodiazepine controlled substance. It is the prescriber’s responsibility to understand the new law and the requirements before the mandate goes into effect beginning the later of October 1, 2017, or 60 days after the data has been integrated into the statewide health information exchange. Download the CSPMP Compliance Checklist!
- 2016 Tax scam affecting physicians and other health care providers: learn what to do here.
- Health System Reform: Visit our Health System Reform resources page here.
- Need to renew your AZ license? The Arizona Medical Board (AMB) is the licensing body for the MDs in Arizona. Contact the AMB at (480) 551-2700 or www.azmd.gov.
- Looking for information and assistance with electronic health records (EHRs) and Meaningful Use? Health Current Arizona Regional Extension Center is a trusted, unbiased resource for you. Get connected to the right resources for EHR implementation today at https://healthcurrent.org/.
- Opioid Prescribing Guidance: The Arizona Department of Health Services’ Opioids website offers the latest information and resources including the Arizona Opioid Prescribing Guidelines. Read more about what is being done to address the opioid abuse epidemic in Arizona here.
- Telemedicine: Learn about the Arizona Telemedicine Program managed through the University of Arizona
- Arizona Medical Marijuana Program: Visit the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) comprehensive website for answers: http://www.azdhs.gov/medicalmarijuana/
- Need online journal access? JAMA: The Journal of the American Medical Association is a trusted medical journal with an online archive available at http://jama.jamanetwork.com/journal.aspx.
- Treating Adolescents:
- Guide to Adolescent Consent & Confidentiality, 2015 edition: for Arizona health care providers
- Adolescent Screening Tool: Rapid Assessment for Adolescent Preventive Services, https://raaps.org/: a time efficient screening tool that identifies behaviors in adolescents that put them at highest risk for serious injury, premature death, and academic and social problems.
- Health Clips by Teens are video health information and positive health messages created by and for teens, available on a YouTube Channel.
- Adult Literacy/ESL Directory: Created by the Arizona Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AzAAP) Early Literacy Committee to assist physicians in referring the parents, family members and/or caregivers of your pediatric patients.
- ADHS CME Modules on Valley Fever, Documenting Cause of Death, Medical Marijuana, and Rabies Postexposure Prophylaxis Basics: The Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) has made these training modules a service available to physicians, at no cost. Please access the modules by going to www.azdhs.gov/cme/.
- AHRQ’s Effective Health Care Program provides free research summaries that support clinicians in the practice of evidence-based medicine. The summaries are concise, unbiased, and practical, providing reliable comparisons on the benefits and risks of treatments for many chronic conditions. Access the resources at www.ahrq.gov/.
- CME Addresses Ebola: In response to the Ebola public health situation, the American Hospital Association (AHA) has provided an Ebola education package for CME providers. This package contains information that the American Hospital Association believes would be useful to healthcare providers and institutions right now.
- Pink Ribbon Survivors Network: Online professional resources for breast cancer survivors and the primary healthcare providers who care for them, www.PinkRibbonSurvivorsNetwork.org.