Current Position Openings: Communications Manager
Reporting to the executive vice president, the communications manager will set and guide strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate ArMA’s mission, brand and messaging. The communications manager will work to maintain ArMA’s position as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information within the Arizona physician community.
The communications manager will work closely with executive staff and leadership to disseminate key messages in concert with ArMA’s strategic priorities and in alignment with the organization’s communication goals.
• Coordinate all aspects of ArMA’s communications strategy to ensure brand integrity, consistent messaging, and consistency among the many communication tools
• Develop and implement a comprehensive member communications strategy that includes:
Management of the quarterly online magazine, The Arizona Pulse
Management of the weekly newsletter, "Medicine This Week"
Drafting communication on key messages and issues
Assisting in concept development and final review of promotional ads
Assisting in developing concepts for event promotion and membership recruitment and retention
Management of tools to solicit member feedback including focus groups, surveys, and polling
Putting communications vehicles in place to create awareness and engagement as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities (i.e. targeted messaging)
• Manage communications for ArMA’s advocacy activities including:
Educate and inform internal and external stakeholders about ArMA’s position on key issues
Utilize social media as a conduit to share advocacy updates
Draft messaging in coordination with advocacy team to target specific audiences
Manage grassroots advocacy program
Interact with media to communicate advocacy messaging
• Oversee the website by reviewing content on a regular basis and ensuring that new and consistent information is posted regularly
• Manage all media inquiries and cultivate media relationships
• Write and manage distribution of press releases
• Manage ArMA’s social media efforts
• Staff public health committee and other committees as appropriate
• Conduct communications audit to assess current strategies and identify any gaps
ArMA is seeking an experienced Communications Manager who has the ability to take information and content, transform it into meaningful and impactful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the most effective delivery channels.
• Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
• Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills – highly articulate
• Demonstrated experience with media
• Proven track record in multi-tasking and managing a number of projects concurrently
• Demonstrated leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
• Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, and volunteers
• Knowledge of the latest social media platforms and other online platforms for the dissemination of ArMA messaging
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of 5 years working in communications role with healthcare experience preferred
Competitive salary based upon experience
To Apply for Position
Send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to Libby McDannell: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download a PDF of the Communication Manager Position description.