Plan on attending the Arizona Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AzAAP) 40th Annual Course of Pediatrics in the Red Rocks taking place at the beautiful Hilton Resort and Spa!
Register by June 1 for a discounted rate.
Approved for 11.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
The course combines lectures, case presentations, question and answer sessions and workshops with time for informal interaction with the guest faculty and peers. Topics and faculty include:
Infectious Disease (Samir Shah, MD, Cincinnati Children's Hospital)
• Rational Evaluation of the Febrile Infant
• Fever of Unknown Origin: Diagnostic Evaluation Pearls
• Advances in the Evaluation and Treatment of Osteomyelitis
• Skin and Soft Tissue Infections
Child Abuse (Chan Lowe, MD, Banner Children's at Diamond Children's)
• Child Sexual Abuse: A Hidden Epidemic
• So I Think It's Child Abuse: What Now?
• Mimics of Child Abuse
• Abusive Head Trauma: Shaky Fable or Solid Science
Gastroenterology (Christopher Justinich, MD, Banner Children's at Diamond Children's)
• Food Allergy and Allergic Disorders of the GI Tract
• Recurrent Abdominal Pain for Primary Care Physicians
• Pediatric GI for the Emergency Department and Hospitalist
• Case Based GI Presentations
Psychiatry (Randall Ricardi, DO, Phoenix Children's Hospital)
• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Versus Bipolar Disorder" Confusion in the Face of Chaos
• "It's Only Marijuana;" Understanding the Risks for Children and Adolescents
• Personality Disorders in Child and Adolescents: Can They Have One?
Sports Medicine (Kristina Wilson, MD, Phoenix Children's Hospital)
• Pediatric Concussion 2017: Management and Treatment of the Typical Concussion
• Eat Like a Champion to Train Like a Champion - Performance Nutrition for the Young Athlete
• Beyond the Basics, Bringing Concussion Out of the Dark
Special Sessions for Hospitalists
The conference also includes a full-day CME track and networking lunch on Saturday, June 24, designed specifically for hospitalists. Learn about the Full Agenda and Learning Objectives, and register at http://www.azaap.org/Pediatrics_in_the_Red_Rocks.